We are in a series, Real Answers to the Big Questions
Last week we answered questions about confidence in the Bible
Today we answer questions about the biblical account of CREATION
In some ways, this question is more CHALLENGING because while there is tolerance for people to believe and practice religion, there is NO TOLERANCE in the academic world if you go against accepted scientific dogma of evolution. The academics of our world today teach that “If you believe in the Bible, you are un-scientific.”
My expertise is the BIBLE, not SCIENTIFIC METHOD.
Today, we will hear from Christian scientists.
FIRST- Ken Ham, “Why is Creation Studies so Important?”
Answers in Genesis DVD
The Bible emphasizes that Creation is the work of God
1. (Genesis 1:1, NIV) ” In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.”
2. (Genesis 2:7, NIV) “the Lord God formed the man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being.”
3. (Exodus 20:11, NIV) “For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, but he rested on the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and made it holy.”
4. (Deuteronomy 4:32, NIV) ” Ask now about the former days, long before your time, from the day God created man on the earth; ask from one end of the heavens to the other. Has anything so great as this ever happened, or has anything like it ever been heard of?”
5. (Nehemiah 9:6, NIV) “You alone are the Lord. You made the heavens, even the highest heavens, and all their starry host, the earth and all that is on it, the seas and all that is in them. You give life to everything, and the multitudes of heaven worship you.”
6. (Psalm 8:3, NIV) “When I consider your heavens, the work of your fingers, the moon and the stars, which you have set in place,”
7. (Psalm 89:47, NIV) “Remember how fleeting is my life. For what futility you have created all men!”
8. (Psalm 100:3, NIV) “Know that the Lord is God. It is he who made us, and we are his; we are his people, the sheep of his pasture.”
9. (Ecclesiastes 3:11, NIV) “He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the hearts of men; yet they cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end.”
10. (Ecclesiastes 12:1, NIV) “Remember your Creator in the days of your youth, before the days of trouble come and the years approach when you will say, “I find no pleasure in them”—”
11. (Isaiah 42:5, NIV) “This is what God the Lord says— he who created the heavens and stretched them out, who spread out the earth and all that comes out of it, who gives breath to its people, and life to those who walk on it:”
12. (Isaiah 45:12, NIV) “It is I who made the earth and created mankind upon it. My own hands stretched out the heavens; I marshaled their starry hosts.”
13. (Isaiah 57:16, NIV) “I will not accuse forever, nor will I always be angry, for then the spirit of man would grow faint before me— the breath of man that I have created.”
14. (Matthew 19:4, NIV) ““Haven’t you read,” he replied, “that at the beginning the Creator ‘made them male and female,’”
15. (Mark 10:6, NIV) ““But at the beginning of creation God ‘made them male and female.’”
16. (John 1:1-3, NIV) ” In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning. Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made.”
17. (Acts 4:24, NIV) “When they heard this, they raised their voices together in prayer to God. “Sovereign Lord,” they said, “you made the heaven and the earth and the sea, and everything in them.”
18. (Acts 17:24, NIV) ““The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by hands.”
19. (Romans 1:19-20, NIV) “since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse.”
20. (1 Corinthians 8:6, NIV) “yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live; and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we live.”
21. (Ephesians 3:9, NIV) “and to make plain to everyone the administration of this mystery, which for ages past was kept hidden in God, who created all things.”
22. (Colossians 1:16-17, NIV) “For by him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created by him and for him. He is before all things, and in him all things hold together.”
23. (2 Peter 1:3, NIV) ” His divine power has given us everything we need for life and godliness through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness.”
24. (Revelation 4:11, ESV) “Worthy are you, our Lord and God, to receive glory and honor and power, for you created all things, and by your will they existed and were created.””
God’s CREATION shows us that He exists,
But GOD’S WORD shows us who He is and how we can have a relationship with Him
Let’s Look at Psalm 19
God’s existence is revealed in His WORLD
Name of God is ELOHIM – creator. 19:1
This speaks of the Celestial heavens.
But you cannot KNOW GOD through nature!
Our second video – Can Creationists Be Real Scientists? Features creationist and scientist John Lisle
Dr Joseph Dukes gained his PhD in Cell Biology from the University of Bath, UK, and went on to spend several more years working within the field of endo-lysosomal trafficking in the context of cancer. Joe took a position at Immunocore in 2011 and is now Head of Preclinical Biology. Immunocore has entered into strategic partnerships with Genentech, GlaxoSmithKline, MedImmune/AstraZeneca and Eli Lilly to develop further ImmTAC programmes
Joe published a paper “What Would God Think about the Human Genome Project?” Joe is both a creationist and a leading scientist at the forefront of cancer research. You can do real science as a biblical Christian. In reality, all scientists operate from a theistic point of view, even as they deny God’s existence. They act according to the assumption that the world makes sense and is orderly, even though they argue that the beginning of the world was random and filled with chaos!
God’s NATURE is Revealed through his WORD
Psalm 19:7 “The Law of the LORD” (YHWH)
Note change from ELOHIM to YHWH!
You can only come to a personal relationship with YHWH through the WORD.
EXAMPLE: Unsaved people can enjoy NATURE
But the NATURE LOVER is no closer to YHWH than the TOXIC WASTE POLLUTER!
Nature can show you there is a GOD but only the WORD of God can show you who He is and how you can be saved! Acts 17:23-31
God has blessed us through GENERAL REVELATION and NATURAL REVELATION.
When you combine them BOTH, you enter a life of DISCOVERY and MEANING
DISCOVERY: When your search begins with the right PRESUPPOSITIONS, your conclusions will be correct.
VIDEO: Did Humans Evolve from Apes? David Menton
You can honor God through your scientific pursuits!
There are REASONABLE answers to the toughest questions
God’s World makes sense, and he WANTS us to examine it.
God’s WORD shows us that this AMAZING WORLD in which we live has PURPOSE, that WE HAVE PURPOSE.
The WORD of GOD reveals our
Tells us how we can KNOW GOD, be forgiven.